Sunday, January 10, 2010

A lesson

Well, I like to think that I have very well behaved and honest kids and then yesterday I caught two of my boys in a lie. These two are VERY tight with each other. What one does the other does. After catching them lying to me I told them that I was very sad that they made that choice and I wanted them to write me 2 paragraphs of why they shouldn't lie. I got this card from them about 10 minutes later..















































My favorite part is in Sauls paragraph were he says that it "makes people not trust you that much when they find out if they ever find out. " That scares me a little. But hopefully they learned something.. Even if they just learned to be better at lying next time.

7 comments:

Babbel Family said...

lol

Phillip and Lisa Hill said...

Sounds like my brother-in-law while we are playing games "It's not cheating if you don't get caught."

Becka Beacham said...

They are such good boys, I'm sure this will keep them straight for a while.

WrayLynn said...

I'm going to start asking the boys to write (dictate) their apologies. That is a great idea! Jones totally thinks he just needs to lie so he doesn't get caught. WE've had multiple talks about it.

Dave and Mandi said...

That is so stinkin' cute!!! What a great idea to make them write out why they shouldn't lie. Dave and I are so lucky to have good examples for parents like you guys!

Jill Freestone said...

love it!

Tamra said...

So Classic! Even if they aren't perfect at following it, at least they are listening, Right?