Monday, November 1, 2010

What a bust!

Eli said it best.. "This is the worst year ever". There should be some law against Halloween on Sunday. My kids feel totally jipped! We had heard that some neighborhoods were celebrating on Saturday so we got our kids ready and took a couple of Kanyon's friends with us to search out someone who would give us candy the day before Halloween. No such luck. We did get about 4 pieces. Then we thought we would make our house really spooky and have fun passing out candy to all the kids that came by on Sunday.. NOT ONE! Not one trick or treater. Thank goodness for the Churches trunk or treat. Even worse is that now I have a whole candy bowl full of candy that no one took. Now I have to eat it. Its my duty right?!


















6 comments:

Babbel Family said...

We had a very similar experience here. I think the world must be in a state of confusion with Halloween on a Sunday. What is sad is this year I bought the good stuff and lots of it because I thought we would have a ton of trick or treaters. We had some, but not enough to count.

Jill Freestone said...

ok, so that stinks!

Kari said...

I'm with you Jessica! I bought 5 bags of candy (well, one of the bags I ate before Halloween) and we only had about 10 trick or treaters so it's up to me to finish it off. We wouldn't want to be wasteful!

Darla said...

Lame!! You know what, though? We just took our kids trick or treating. I dunno, after I thought about it, I came to the conclusion that I didn't feel too bad about letting my kids dress up and visit with neighbors (and get some treats, too!). Am I bad?

Sarah said...

It's hard living outside of Utah with Halloween on Sunday. Luckily we live in a neighborhood that is mostly LDS so alot of people went out on Sat. sorry yours wasn't great

Tamra said...

We should get our kids together. My kids were sure that no one else was suffering like they did. Mary didn't even want to go to school to hear how great a time her classmates had trick or treating.