Friday, July 25, 2008

Last, but not least!

Growing up in small town USA you learn to appreciate strange things. I grew up in a small coal mining community. And maybe because of that I love trains; well, coal trains. (Don't worry, I don't collect them or anything). This is a small town just outside of where I was born and raised. This is where Butch Cassidy and bunch had homes and hideouts. We went to the coal mining museum. The old man who was sitting at the front desk told us all the stories of how the museum was haunted. The kids have been wanting to hear ghost stories ever since. I just had a good time hiding in the museum and trying to scare the kids. It worked a few times. I thought I was a lot funnier then they thought I was.


































































This is Ivy street.




















































Standing by a bunch of coal. Don't thy look interested.

























This is a real wanted poster that hung back in the day.


























Uncle Jake pretending to teach the kids in the museum school. (I don't think we were supposed to touch that stuff)




















The boys and Uncle Jake giving acting a try. Uncle Jake wanted a very serious face in front of a really cool painting. I think they pulled it off.









Funny mirror in the museum





















Then we went bowling in town.






















We also went to Uncle Jo's golf course to ride the carts and find balls.































































It was an amazing end to an amazing trip! Phew......

2 comments:

Rhett & Janice Beecher said...

Happy Bithday!!!

So Ruston was asking if Eli was going to be at the Party tomorrow. He was pretty bummed out when I told him that it would be a while before he could play with Eli again. Then I told him that you would be going to lake powell with us in September. I wish I would have gotten a picture of his face, he was so excited! Jan

sarah louise said...

Wow Jake looks very different from his long hair CEU days!