Monday, October 13, 2008

Zoo Fun?!

Well, I decided since Russ was working a 24hr shift this weekend that I would drive 1 1/2 hrs to the St. Louis Zoo and meet some friends. I mentally prepared myself for being at the Zoo alone with 4 kids. (I am not a Zoo person at all, something about animals in cages..) Anyway, we got up and I got us all out of the house. About 25min into the drive Ivy throws up ALL over. Oatmeal everywhere! I figured I was already committed to the trip and it might have been a fluke so I cleaned her up as good as I could on the side of I-70 and hoped that would be the only time. It was thankfully. But the roads into St. Louis were closed and that took a little bit for me to figure out then Ivy fell and got a big fat lip and to top it all off, as we were trying to leave the Zoo finally, we got lost. I swear we could not find our way out of the Zoo. I think they secretly trap you in there like they do the animals. We eventually made it through and we all slept well that night.













The Butterfly house is by far my favorite. Although Saul was running around dodging the butterflies yelling "oh no, nature.. not nature" I don't think the workers liked that much.














4 comments:

Unknown said...

That is the way trips go, the idea sounds so fun and then it seems like a lot more work then ever intended!!

Dave and Mandi said...

Poor Ivy. I would have LOVED to see Saul dodging "nature"...very funny!!

Jill Freestone said...

sometimes I wonder why we even try with these outings, but its worth it in the end, right? . . we hope!

Anonymous said...

Hey guys I love your blog ! you should come down to the omaha zoo ! it's great , but you might want to bring Russ for that trip !
patty & jess green

check out our blog www.3greenkids.blogspot.com