Sunday, August 22, 2010

School Starts

School is finally in session. The schools here are pretty amazing although, what I have gained in academics I have lost in convenience. It takes me almost TWO HOURS to drop off and pick up my kids at school. They don't bus out here so EVERY parent is there. The last three years they were able to walk so I know I am due for it but it is still quite frustrating. The boys are all in a different school which gives me THREE SCHOOLS to figure out. It is quite a learning curve. Not to mention that the schools start at 7:45AM. Way too early! I am going to get myself a book on tape and Ivy some Learning movies to make the process a little more bearable. Kanyon signed up for Band this year. He is playing the Saxophone. He is doing a really great job and is very enthusiastic about it. Kanyons school has a DRESS CODE so he has to have his shirt tucked in every day and they are particular about how nice your clothes are. And they have to "dress out" for P.E. (meaning they have a locker room where they change into an assigned gym uniform.) Pretty intense! Welcome to Middle School!





















First day of school!















Saul 5th grade






















Eli 2nd grade





I don't know how I didn't get a close up of Kanyon..

7 comments:

Jon Freestone said...

Grandma is looking for your address to mail birthday cards.

Nice photos.

Jon

Jill Freestone said...

the 2 hour drop off is terrible! hang in there!
way cool he's playing saxaphone - tell him aunt liz used to too

Holly said...

I feel so bad for you having to drive two hours everyday. That's crazy! Mariah is finally close enough to walk and I have to admit that I can't wait!

Becka Beacham said...

At least you're looking on the bright side of things, I love audiobooks. Even though my drive is only 15-20 minutes I think my drive goes better.
The boys, as always, look so cute in their first day of school pictures.

cyrie said...

i can't believe how grown up they are becoming. cute kiddos...

Kari said...

I can't believe that life goes on for everybody outside of Columbia! I hope you don't forget about all of us that are still here!

Anonymous said...

still shaking my head about the 2 hours... so sorry. Ivy is such a trooper! Great picts for the first day of school!