Friday, March 4, 2011

Derby Disaster






















We are bad parents.. Really we are. We have known about the Pine Wood Derby for a long time now and the night before the car was still a block of wood in the box. It's not like we just didn't do it but I leave that stuff to Russ and well, he just is NEVER home! Never! I even got the electric saw out myself and tried to make something out of it. Thankfully Russ and Saul stayed up really late and then Russ got up at 4:00am before work to finish it up. It was still a disaster. Saul didn't win one race. I warned him on our way that it may not be a very fast car due to the fact that we didn't spend much time on it. (and the wheels were not even put on it until Russ showed up to the church 5 min before it started) Saul said "Mom, I don't care. I really don't" That makes it worse. When your child is forgiving and lets you out of it when you have clearly been neglectful... He is a good son. He did win an award for "best paint job". Better then nothing.

3 comments:

Tisha said...

Oh man, that will be us this coming Friday. Dave has been out of town and will have maybe a total of 2 hours to work on it when he gets back... I really hope we have a "best paint job" category as well.

Darla said...

I know what you mean. Le Anne and Ellery were out here during Cole's, and Geof was so busy with work that he had no time to help..we finished it up literally minutes before the race started. Luckily (I don't know how) though, he won quite a few! You'll always have next year, right?

Tamra said...

I feel your pain on this one. All Moss and I can say these days is, 15 more weeks! (or something close to that:)