Saturday, March 8, 2008

Everyday life....

Ok, so it is sad that Saturdays are just like every other day around my house anymore. Husband is working, kids are home and they don't understand sleeping in on Saturdays. Well, this morning my husband was gone by 5:00am and I spread across the bed really hoping for a nice Saturday sleep in. And, it happened...sort of. Sleeping in is like 7:25 around here but this was the conversation I had with Kanyon while I was still in bed.

Me: You guys ready for some breakfast Kanyon?

Kanyon: Well, we are doing our chores.

Me: Whoa.. You guys are awesome.

Kanyon: Yeah we wanted to get them done so.. (pause)

Me: So you could party all day? (because you want to play your game boy all day)

Kanyon: Yeah!

Me: Ok well, go ahead and finish your chores and I will come down and get breakfast in a little while.

Kanyon: Hey Saul, lets do our chores then Mom will come get us breakfast.

Saul: I am already doing my act of kindness by getting Eli cereal. Then I will clean my bathroom. (who's house did I wake up in?)

Me: (in my head) I could stay in bed all day if I could teach them how to get Ivy in her highchair.....hum.....

So, My laziness has finally paid off and my children are running the show. All the times I said "in a minute", "Just a second", "Not right now" etc... Have really made a positive impact. They no longer need me. As long as I keep the fridge stocked they are good to go. Sounds good to me.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Sounds nice! Wanna come be the Mom here for awhile to teach my kids that??

Babbel Family said...

Gotta love kids who can take care of themselves. I got up with the dog at 6am today and woke Laura up around 7am and went back to bed. Then me and Dan slept til 10am!

kelie said...

Sounds like my ignoring them is going to pay off ultimately...so I guess I'll keep on!

Tamra said...

It is always nice to see that all your hard work is paying off. It is just a shame that their age- related behavior gets in the way of who they really are.

Leah said...

First off, I can totally sympathize with your Saturdays, ours are often the same. Secondly, I loved hearing about your kidos morning and can not for the life of me imagine a morning like that. I think they way they are is a true testimony to what an incredible mother they have!