Thursday, November 20, 2008

Wits End!

Okay, this is my fourth child so you think I would have it down by now... But my little Ivy has got me at my wits end! All three of my boys together never gave me the trouble that she does. Lately she has been wanting to be naked, taking off her diaper and running around. at first we laughed a little but it has started to get a little out of hand, like the other day she stripped in the Gym babysitting. Well, yesterday I had had enough. right before her nap she had pooped and took it upon herself to get her clothes and diaper off in my room... On my floor... After that episode I put her down for a nap and heard her in there for a very long time talking etc. When I finally went in to check on her I found this... She had taken all her sheets/ blankets/ pillows/ books/dolls etc off of her bed (After she had ripped one book to shreads) and was slipping around on her crib matress that was all slippery because she had peed on it and having a great time. I guess she couldn't quite get her shirt off. Anyway, I had painters tape lying around because we have been doing some painting and I taped her diaper on. I taped it on all day today again and plan on doing it until she is potty trained I guess. I am just a little nervous that if she decides to strip again at the gym babysitting that I don't get the authorities called on me when they see the tape wrapped around her waist. I truly do not know what else to do... All I know is that I am done washing sheets and scrubbing floors.
























The poor book she ripped up.









































She thought is was all just great fun!











Didn't even mind the tape.

13 comments:

kelie said...

I can empathize with you on this one my friend. Keep up with the tape...or the next thing you know, she'll be sliding around in her poo and pee.

Laura said...

talk to me when its poop smeared on the walls daily.. yes poop fest at my house lasted for quite a while...

sarah louise said...

Yeah my little daughter smeared her poop on the walls for a while too. My 4 year old right now is peeing his pants on a daily basis. I am ready to put him back in diapers with painters tape (: We all feel your pain!

Phillip and Lisa Hill said...

That's a good idea. I wish I could put a diaper on our dog. You are doing a great job! She's so cute though. She probably knows it. :)

Babbel Family said...

Oh my! I don't know what I would do. We do have that black shirt though!

Anonymous said...

awwww sorry Jess your not the only one out there thats for sure... the tape is a great idea too!! and im sure the babysitters at the gym wont mind expically if you are trying to help them out!! PS that picture of Ivy in her crib with the straight face looks exactly like Ruth when she was young!

Darla said...

Oh yes..,
I've gone through that with both of my older two. I don't know what to tell you. I guess they just grow out of it..., hopefully.

Dave and Mandi said...

Okay I am sorry but that is flippin' hilarious! At least you are patient enough to get out the camera. Love the tape idea...what else can you do!?!? Oh and we loved the date night Russ planned...too funny, at least he plans dates right?

Jill Freestone said...

my friend uses duct tape with every diaper -
hang in there!

christy said...

I love it. We don't have a stripper but I feel your pain. Luke is into everything, too. Hang in there. Just keep your camera ready and laugh it off.

Life with the Leonards said...

All I can say is good luck Sis! I can't believe how fast she's growing! And she is definitely 110% Beecher - at least for her sake she's too cute to stay mad at for very long, right??

Walters' Place said...

Hey Jess-I would have never have thought of painters tape. Great idea!!I did have to laugh. It is only funny when it is someone elses child. I would have lost it and been sent away. Thanks for being a support for Ty. She is really struggling and she said your comment meant a lot. Thanks. Ivy is too cute though. Her hair is getting long. I love it. Preslee has that shirt and matching pants. They are her comfy clothes. She is actually wearing them today. We miss you and love you. Happy Thanksgiving!!

Trav and Tennille said...

Oh my gosh! Have never dealt with that and hopefully never will! I will be calling you for advice if I do!