Wednesday, December 3, 2008

So much for that...

I put the star on the top of the tree last night. All the lights were on ALL the decorations.... My pretty clear glass ornaments with a picture of Christ in side that I decided to make 24 of to try and have Christ in our decorations. The individual placed
poinsettias with a nice bunch around the top with the star.. The kids prized home made ornaments with their pictures on them. Now... Broken, ruined, soaked, crushed.

I woke up this morning and heard a crash.. Russ was up so I thought he had done something. I didn't get out of bed but heard Russ cleaning something up. He finally came up and told me that the Christmas tree had fallen over. Glass and water everywhere. He had cleaned up most of it before I got a picture. So, back to square one. I have to wait for him to get home from work to really access the trees real issue. So for now I am leaving it where it is.

12 comments:

cyrie said...

I'm sorry. That wasn't fun to wake up to. This is why I love my fake tree. The last time we had a real tree, about a thousand spider eggs hatched in it. You can picture my horror when that happened. Hope you and Russ can get it put back together just the way it was!

Phillip and Lisa Hill said...

That is so sad, but a wee bit funny. It reminds me of that movie Elf when he jumps on the Christmas tree. At least no one was to blame right?

kelie said...

Oh! I feel so bad for you. I can't get into the Christmas spirit and get the gumption to decorate yet. What's wrong with me? I think I'm just afraid that Brooke is going to ruin everything and it will put me in a bad mood, so I'm just putting it off.

Jessica said...

Oh that is so sad!! I hope not everything broke....all those memories!

Angela said...

I'm so so sorry:(. Just think of all the fun of getting to decorate again:) ok--don't hate me for that. I was just trying to find a good for you;)

Babbel Family said...

I am sorry! If you want to make more "JOYS" let me know. I am happy to print you some more!

Babbel Family said...

I am sorry! If you want to make more "JOYS" let me know. I am happy to print you some more!

Anonymous said...

oh dear! im sorry thats not good at all! at least no one was hurt! gotta love the "real" trees!

Ben and Kim said...

Hey Guys,
Glad to see what you're up to. Russ, don't worry about me, I don't want anyone taking away my man card. See I was in this club once...

Nick and Ashley said...

So sad!

Nick and Ashley said...

Nick also suggests you glue one back together to remember this Christmas.

Jill Freestone said...

so sad!! When I opened the blog and saw the tipped tree, I thought Ivy had pulled it over . . . At least it wasnt' that, right!

good luck putting it back.