Friday, May 15, 2009

Lawn Mowing 101

So I guess I was left out of the loop when someone, somewhere had a lawn mowing 101 course. As I was being the faithful wife that I am today and was mowing the lawn. I see my neighbor walking over to me. At this exact moment I was pushing the mower uphill trying to get under a tree/bush in my front yard. He said "you know, it is much more efficient to start uphill and go back and forth" He made some hand gestures and I pretended to understand and said "Well, I like the work out" he said "that's too much of a work out". SO, I kept on mowing and this time I went back and forth like I thought his hand gesture meant and then as I am just about finished with the lawn it dawns on me what he meant. As I am at the top of the hill mowing because I had started at the bottom and worked my way up. After he plainly told me to start at the top and work down. I guess I just didn't get the concept until it was too late. Anyway, I thought I had better go over and talk to him and make a joke because he obviously continued to watch me mow it all wrong. I explained to him what an idiot I was and he replies "Thats the first thing they teach us in mowing 101" ummm.... I must have missed that memo

6 comments:

christy said...

You've got to love helpful comments from neighbors. I would actually appreciate them offering to mow my yard even more.

Karen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen said...

You mow girl!

Jill Freestone said...

that's hilarious! I'm shocked you got advice though. Time for the boys to do it, right? :)

Babbel Family said...

Okay let me just say I consider myself pretty proficient in the lawn mowing area and I have not a clue what he is talking about!