Monday, May 11, 2009

Mothers Day Goodies

I admit that I totally milk Mother's Day. If the kids and I play a game on Mothers Day I expect that they let me win. If I am thirsty I expect them to bring me a drink, I pretty much act like a queen for the day and lucky for me I have done it for enough years that my kids and Russ totally fall for it. Eli will tell me "Mom, go lay down and put your feet up" Russ and the kids make Breakfast, lunch and dinner and clean it up. Not to mention all the special treatment that I pretty much demand. (In a funny nice kinda way) . This Mothers Day was no exception. Here's my loot from the weekend.
























Flowers that the boys picked out. They each picked a color of Daisy that they thought I would like.

















A kitchen radio/CD player. Now I can have a dance party every morning before I send the boys to school. They like dance parties, whether they admit it or not.

















Yard work. Yes my boys took turns trimming the hedges. pretty good I say.

































Garden. Some of the garden was already planted. Here are my peas and radishes.

































This is our secret weapon ths year to keep the bugs off of my squash. We will see if it works.

Only problem with having such a great Mother's Day is coming back to reality the next day. I think I will try "But it's the day after Mother's Day, you have to do what I say" I will let you know if it works...

1 comment:

Babbel Family said...

I have the CD player in my kitchen too. I LOVE IT!