Thursday, May 8, 2008

Got Trash?


To help Kanyon earn his Wolf badge for scouts we went out picking up trash around our neighborhood. It is amazing how much trash is laying everywhere. We didn't even get past the kids school without filling our garbage bag. Sad! Besides the fact that Kanyon with his bright orange shirt looks like an inmate doing community service. It was a pretty nasty job but the kids actually loved it. When I told Eli how good of a job he was doing he turned to me and said "MOM, WE WANT TO SAVE THE WORLD" Music to my ears! Don't worry, the kids wore gloves! And got ice cream after. I think we will keep this as a tradition to do more often. But I might make kanyon were a different colored T-shirt next time.














7 comments:

B. B. said...

Your kids are so cute! We love having Kanyon in our class.

Tamra said...

Way to go boys. Way to raise them up right!

Jessica said...

LOL about that orange shirt - way to get in the spirit of it all

kelie said...

That would have been one of those family activities that I "supervised." Like pumpkin carving, I told Jenna that's just something Daddy's do, not mommys.

Jaime said...

lol about the orange shirt - poor kid!

Phillip and Lisa Hill said...

The scout leader in me is very proud of Kanyon. What a great little cub scout he is. I can't wait to see them get their badges.

Darla said...

I think I'm gonna start doing trash pick-up with my kids. Sadly, there's A LOT of places we could go around here to clean up. Don't get me wrong, it's really pretty here, but too many people trash it. Dang it! (: