Saturday, May 10, 2008

Mother's Day

So, I am not good with surprises at all! I have to know! This morning while Russ was gone for a bit I quizzed the kids on what they could have planned for Mothers Day. (mostly Eli because he can never hold it in) This was the conversation after I had been probing a bit.

Saul: "Okay Mom, I can tell you one thing, We did not get you a blender!" (That's what I got last year and they haven't heard the end of that inappropriate gift for a year now.)

Eli: "Yeah! We didn't get you anything with a handle." (Glad they are finally learning something)

Me: (realizing I wasn't getting anywhere) "Okay, well lets get our chores done so we can do something fun today."

Eli: "I know! Since we got you a Mothers Day present, you can buy us Pokemon cards."


UH...........HELLO?!

4 comments:

Babbel Family said...

LOL. I had to remind Laura today that it was not "Laura's Day" and it was called "Mother's Day".

kelie said...

At least you're getting a present!! I didn't even get to sleep in today...dang 9am church!

Phillip and Lisa Hill said...

I love that it is pretty much impossible for the kids to keep surprises. It's so nice.

sarah louise said...

Funny, that is the same mentality that my little boys have. They will try anything to get Pokemon cards.