Friday, September 12, 2008

Lake Powell


So, as we are leaving Fish Lake we know that Ivy is pretty sick. She has had a fever for a few days and won't eat or drink. No wet diapers for 2 days and only wants to sleep. Lots of poop though, the gross kind. When we get to my Mom's house I decide (because Russ ran off to golf) to take her to the ER. After a few painful hours and a nurse who was more comical then helpful they put Ivy through a ton of tests. Catheter, Blood Test, Chest X-ray...the works. They find that she is REALLY dehydrated and has an infection but they don't know where. Long story short, we postponed our trip to Lake Powell a day to take care of her. The Doctors were pretty concerned but after some antibiotics she came around nicely. Thank Goodness! I was going to cry if I had to miss Lake Powell. Ivy was in very good hands with my Mom and brother. I actually think she was in better hands. They spoiled her rotten and did a great job! So off we went. Party time!















I was praying I wouldn't fly off the back of the boat.

















This is how Eli jumps into the water, EVERY TIME. He is so graceful.
































This is what it is all about to me.. The good tan.














This cliff was actually pretty high up. I couldn't believe the little kids were jumping off. I did it twice but only because my brother in law (the one on the right jumping) begged me into it. I was glad I did though.















Me Wake Boarding.. When you got it you got it..














Show off!














We tried to get a family picture of us jumping off of a cliff.. Too bad I have to plug my noes to go into the water.












Handsome devils!




















































Kanyon and his cousin Cayden Knee Boarding

































Eli tried the Knee Board too. Russ helped.














The brothers, preparing to dive.







































Russ's brother Ramsay.. He is a wildman!























We left Ivy back with Grandma but we took my brother's son Jaxon with us. He is such a fun good kid!



















Jaxon being crazy.




















All this playing is hard work.

5 comments:

kelie said...

No shame in nose plugging sister! I'm right there with ya. Oh, and btw, I'm TOTALLY jealous of your Lake Powell action. *tear*

Rhett & Janice Beecher said...

Love all your pics can't wait for a cd.

Darla said...

Look at your pics!! I wanna be part of this family!! You guys are always playing. So fun.

Anonymous said...

OK so I had to come back after looking at all these pictures SEVERAL times... I so shouldve been there (tear) next year... next year for sure! I totally missed out.

Trav and Tennille said...

So, I have been hesitant to take the fam to Lake Powell for fear that it just wouldn't be as much fun as when we were young and childless. You however make it look like more fun!