Sunday, February 22, 2009

Don't have to...

So, as I am sitting here typing Russ is at the Airport waiting to fly to Colorado for a week. He gets to go stay in a cabin with his brothers and ski for a few days and then go to a boring Medical Conference the rest of the week. Instead of getting down on myself about how bad I wish I could go with him. I am looking at the bright side. This week I......

don't have to cook if I don't want too.

don't have to hurry and pick up the house at 5:00pm so Russ thinks I did something that day besides go to lunch with friends.

don't have to clean my hair out of the drain in the shower. (I will anyway because it is gross but I don't have to.)

don't have to clean my stuff off of his side of the sink after I am finished with it.

don't have to pretend like I haven't been on the computer all day.

don't have too smell good. (don't worry people, I will if we get together)

don't have to share the bed or pillows.

don't have to wonder when Russ is coming home. I just know he isn't so I can get on with my day.

don't have to drive the van. I get to drive Russ's nice new car.

don't have to pretend that I don't want to watch to Oscars tonight. I can just watch it.

don't have to wonder if what I am watching before bed is too girly for Russ.


I can think of more "don't have to's" but really, I would rather be with Russ or have Russ home.... We already miss him...It is going to be a long week... So girls, lets do lunch!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww Jess I know the feeling... Ryan being gone for 12 days was way long... but then spending the weekend and going to colorado with him the next few days will be awesome... too bad he has to stay in colorado for 2-3 more weeks =( call me if you get lonely!!

Carroll Farm said...

like the list. josh has been at the hospital the last 5 nights - it is hard to sleep in a bed without anyone there.. he is coming home today - so i will sleep better.

Melissa said...

LOL. Nice list.

Mindi said...

Jessica, I just left Adam at the cabin while I came home to get the kids and start the week without him. I only have to go two days, though! Thanks for the humor and positive outlook :) I'm glad they get to go skiing/boarding together, they'll have so much fun. Good luck on your own!

Team Sullivan said...

I got a kick out of your list. It was so great to read because my husband is out of state till Sunday as well so I can relate.