Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentines and Messes

It was nice having Valentines on a Saturday this year. Russ had worked all night Friday night and got home Saturday morning. I made heart pancakes and Russ got a babysitter so we could go to dinner that night. I did the twelve days of Valentines for Russ this year and on the last day I took the kids up to his work and made them sing him a song in front of the nurses and other staff. We made up our own Valentines version of "you are my sunshine". I took my video camera but it wouldn't work right when I needed it too. figures.. The kids did great, even some of the nurses were crying. I took a bunch of homemade cookies and banana bread to feed them all. They liked that a lot too. Russ was completely surprised which makes it even better. I thought the boys would for sure spill the beans a few days before. It all worked out and although the boys wanted to say instead of "You'll never know Dad how much we love you" They wanted to say "You'll never know Dad how much this embarrasses us" they sang the right words thankfully and all was well.



On another note just some quick pics of my little lady making a mess as usual. Good thing we love her so much!










4 comments:

Mindi said...

What a sweet thing you and the kids did for Russ! I bet the nurses were so amazed with your beautiful family!

Anonymous said...

12 days of valentines??? tell me more it sounds super cute!

cyrie said...

Fun. I did the 12 days of Valentine's for Owen this year. It was fun.

Tisha said...

I guess Samantha spilling Moon Sand all over your playroom was just to get you prepped for what was to come with Ivy. Good thing Ivy is so stinking cute! She can get away with anything.