Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Take me away...

If I ever wanted to run away today would be the day. First Ivy wakes me up at 6:30 (way too early) I get her and go put her in her highchair to eat. After she is finished eating I get her out and notice that she is wet all over even the highchair cover is soaked. Realizing her diaper has leaked everywhere (and that that is probably the reason for the early wake up call) I take the highchair apart get Ivy in the bath. Then Saul wakes up and says he doesn't feel well still (he threw up 10 times yesterday which made for a long rough day although he managed to make it into the bathroom every time) I think he is probably fine and just needs to eat so I give him some milk (first mistake) and crackers. I make lunches get ivy dressed and changed again because she had pooped everywhere. As I am changing Ivy I hear Saul vomiting.. But I hear it downstairs not in the bathroom!!! AHHH! I run downstairs to find Saul standing in the entryway with eyes as big as saucers. I tell him not to move (thinking he is on tile now so that will be easier to clean up) then I change my mind and tell him to run up to the bathroom to finish throwing up. He made it up and finished his business. Then I look at my living room.. Everywhere, I mean a trail from where he was laying on the couch to the entryway.(picture below) I try and stay calm, he didn't mean to and I know what it is like when it just "comes out". I start to spread baking soda on top of it all to first take out the smell so I wont puke while cleaning it up and I hear Kanyon yell "Mom! You are going to be SO mad at what Ivy did to the computer." I run upstairs and find Ivy with a sharpie in hand and well... Pictures below...
























Don't worry I covered all the gore with baking soda but thought I would give you an idea at what I was up against.

















My computer screen and computer desk. A black permanent sharpie. (On the up side I googled how to clean it and take some rubbing alcohol and a cloth and it comes right off.. Phew!

















This is all before 8:30am, and Russ wont be home until Sunday! Calgone take me away! (maybe some of you will get that)

11 comments:

Mindi said...

oh, Jessica, I'm sooooo sorry. Thank goodness for blog therapy, right?

Tisha said...

Oh, I am so sorry. That is terrible. You told Russ you are getting the carpets cleaned right away, no questions asked didn't you!
I am so glad the rubbing alcohol got the sharpie off your monitor...scary!

christy said...

What a doozie! I'm so sorry. Hopefully, all will better soon. FYI, hairspray takes sharpie right off, too. Luke did the exact same thing to our computer monitor a few months ago.

cyrie said...

Wow. I am anxious to hear how the rest of your day goes. Sorry.

Carroll Farm said...

haaa, hhaaa. I so get it. Yes, blog therapy is wonderful!!

kelie said...

Oh my!!! Well I guess telling you that lunch at Lonestar was kind of a racket wont make things that much better, but you didn't miss much.

And yes, I get the Calgone reference (my mom used to say it ALL the time). Now all I have to do is call her and say "Calgone!!!" and she knows exactly what I'm talking about!

Abby said...

Jessica - bless your little self - holy crap! (wait...not really...I don't want to jinx you with THAT kind of mess!)

Sorry you were stressed and probably wanted to scream so loud. I hope you got that bubble bath! I totally got the Calgon thing.

Hey - I guess it's days like this that make "spilling soggy cereal everywhere" not the least inconvenient. haha!

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh im so sorry!! hope your kids get better soon!

Team Sullivan said...

The kids are only sick because Russ is out of town. None of this would have happened if he were home and you know it!! (I get the Calgon quip! Good luck with that one. Maybe next week)

Leah said...

Oh my gosh, you deserve the motherhood metal of honor Jessica!

WrayLynn said...

Jessica - What a day! I'm glad everyone is better now. Can I just tell you that I am amazed at you? If you ever need some help, please let me know. You are an awesome friend to make such a long trip while Russ was gone. I'm glad he will be home soon!

WrayLynn