Monday, March 30, 2009

I want to be Amish!

Really I do! I guess with the way the economy is right now we may all become Amish by default. You know.. grow our own food, hang our clothes to dry, have a nice peaceful life away from the rat race.. I love going to "Amishville" (as I call it) just to get out of the world a little bit. I secretly dream of wearing a bonnet, big dress and no makeup. I would do it! Really I would! Russ and I drove the kids to Amishville the other day where I snapped these shots. I think I convinced my kids to even go Amish. Of course I didn't tell them that there was no TV or Game Boys... They can find that all out after I turn them Amish.












5 comments:

Life with the Leonards said...

We'll totally join you! Castle Dale is close enough to uncivilized if you want to move here we could all go amish together :)

christy said...

I love the pic of the kids playing together holding hands. So sweet. I'll join you, too. Honestly, I think I would try and sneak in my washing machine, though. Washing all those clothes by hand would get old really quick.

Melissa said...

LOL. A simpler life would be nice.

kelie said...

NO WAY would I join you. I'd be bored in like 30 minutes. You are crazy girl, but I guess that's why I love you!

Darla said...

You are so funny. When we were living out east, Geof. and I went to Pennsylvania to visit Amish country and I was OBSESSED!! I too wanted to me be amish so bad,seriously! How simple life would be..
But you know, maybe we should just try living that way without being part of an Amish community. Whatd'ya think?
p.s. I'm in Activity Days with a girl named Rabecca Barker Merryweather who says she knows you from Price. She says you're awesome. I agree. (;