Friday, March 6, 2009

Long Trip....

I decided last weekend that since the kids were out of school Friday and Russ was out of town that I would torture myself and drive the kids to Ohio (10hrs away). I have such great friends there and one really good friend who has been sick in hospital. I thought I would rather be in a car driving with kids strapped in then stay at home alone all weekend looking for something to do. The trip went fine in fact the kids did amazing on the ride. I pride myself in what good kids I have (not because of anything I have done- they all just got their fathers disposition, thankfully!) Eli even stood on the side of the road and shielded me with a pillow so I could relieve my self next to the car. (too much info? sorry.) We Love, love, love our friends there and had a great time. Our kids are all about the same age so they run crazy. It was a nice break. Pictures below..

But I had to post this funny conversation we had on our way home. The sun was shining beautiful rays through the clouds and it got us talking about heaven....

Saul: "In heaven all your dreams come true"

Eli: "Well, I had a dream and Mom said a bad word in it..."

Saul: "No, Eli a dream is....you know.. like, you know how you want the new Pokemon platinum game?!"

Eli: "YES!!"

Saul: "It is like that kind of dream. Heavenly Father makes all your dreams come true. Except the violent ones.. Oh, and the inappropriate ones."

(for the record, I don't say bad words. I can't help what he dreams about)
































Ivy and Abby, double trouble! (notice the lipstick on Abby's face)

4 comments:

christy said...

That looks so fun. I wish I could have joined you.

Becka Beacham said...

oh my gosh, sounds lovely except going to the bathroom on the side of the road. Where were you that there were not rest stops?!

Maggie's Madness said...

We loved having you here again. And yes Christy, wish you could have made the trip. Just like old times I tell you. Why do we all have to move away from each other?

Berrett's said...

holey moley the kids are getting so big!! I wish i could have been there too! That pic at Maggie's made me homesick for Ohio. :) UGH...someday soon we will have to make the trek. :)

tina