Sunday, March 22, 2009

Seriously?


Opening Saul's backpack Friday.. I thought it felt extra heavy... Yes, that is 4 novels he carries around in there just in case he gets a spare moment to read. This is his THIRD time reading the Harry Potter series. I never thought I would be worried about one of my kids reading TOO much. I am going to have to invest in a chiropractor for Saul's back. Tonight I was taking the kids on a walk and Saul couldn't believe I wouldn't let him bring a book to read on the way. Or, too "read when we get wherever we are walking" Is his life really that bad that he wants to escape it every chance he gets??

6 comments:

christy said...

That's too funny. My friend's son is exactly the same. Just be happy he is so smart and loves reading so much. It will pay off in the long run!

Tisha said...

That's hilarious because when I picked the kids up from school the other day, all the backpacks where sitting next to me on the bench at the park and I went to move his and it was HEAVY. I even opened it up to see why it was so heavy, and yep, three big books!

Phillip and Lisa Hill said...

It's my husband in 8-yr.-old form. He'll be a good test taker when he grows up for sure.

RandiLeonard said...

Oh how funny. We love Saul, books and all :) So many kids don't ever read, be happy he loves it! I was the same way, I turned out ok I think :)

WrayLynn said...

I was the same way! I used to get in major trouble because I wouldn't do anything but read.

Leah said...

Wow, that is amazing Jessica. I wish I had the same drive, passion (TIME) to read. He must be a fast reader. WOW!