Thursday, January 24, 2008

Mother Of The Year Moment...

There are so many women around me right now that are pregnant, everywhere I look I see women who although I am very happy for them, I am mostly happy that it is them and not me. The other night I was reminded of a funny story when I was pregnant with Ivy. Let me preface this story with, I get VERY sick when I am pregnant and Ivy really did a number on me. I didn't get off of the couch for about a month with her so this is the result...
Because I was so sick Russ decided to take all three boys to the Father and Son's camp out . Russ had worked all day and was just
planning on coming home to grab the boys and go. The boys were so excited that while I lay on the couch they decided to pack for themselves. They each brought down a bag and said that they were packed. I didn't even check inside the bags I just thought "thank goodness I have such great kids." Russ came home, packed everything in the car, grabbed their bags that were by the door and left. Well, he called me the next morning laughing and said, "real funny Jessica." He then proceeded to tell me what our boys had packed for themselves. Kanyon- had packed a bowling pin and an empty baby wipe container (I guess to gather rocks) and that is all. No clothes. Nothing. Saul- packed 10 pair of underwear, 2 pants, and a few T-shirts. Saul had packed for Eli and Eli's bag had lots of church clothes (that were two small, they were from a box that was needing to be put away because it was all to small) no diapers, no wipes, no sweatshirts, no coats, no pj's, no anything! Russ had to borrow a diaper from a little tiny kid so, poor Eli was wearing a speedo. Russ had three boys alone camping, one still in diapers with, a bowling pin, and empty baby wipes container, loads of underwear, church clothes that fit a baby and thankfully... a good sense of humor! It was my Mother of the year moment. Thought I should share.

9 comments:

Tisha said...

Hilarious!

Angela said...

Love it!!!

Phillip and Lisa Hill said...

That is awesome. I am laughing right now.

Jessica said...

Oh my gosh that is so funny!! You have a good husband to just laugh at it, I don't think I would have been very nice if that happened to me.

Walters' Place said...

Jess-
I read that post to Chad last night. We laughed so hard. I can only imagine what would be running through Chads head, if I did that. I am sure he would have packed up and headed home.
I didn't know you got sick when you are pregnant. I also get sick. I think that is why I have waited four years to get pregnant. I dread the thought. Even though I want a baby right now so bad.
Well your kids are so adorable. They each have such a distinct Leonard or Beecher look. It's a beautiful combo. Or for the boys' sake--handsome.

Jaime said...

How cute! LOL :) You are an amazing mother and don't ever forget it!

Abby said...

I vaguely remember hearing that story, maybe in one of your newsletters, but I don't think this story will ever loose it's intensity! Still the funniest thing ever!

Jessica said...

I just tagged you - see my blog :)

Tamra said...

I almost cried that is so hillarious.