Saturday, January 19, 2008

Our Big Girl!


Ivy is walking! No, she is running! She has been taking more and more steps everyday. If you stand her up she just goes. She doesn't do it slow either she just takes off in a sprint, you aren't even sure if she is stable on her feet and she is half way away from you. She falls a lot and still has a lot to learn but trouble is on its way! Ivy is already the most curious little ball of fire, we can hardly contain her. She has mastered stairs and is talking up a storm. She only says a few words we can actually understand but she always has a lot to say. After three boys we are in a whole new world with our little diva. She has turned my life upside down! She is almost 11months old and completely controls this house. Thank goodness for her brothers and her Dad who take such great care of her when they are around. She is definitely Daddy's little girl. I owe her early walking to her Dad because every night when he comes home from work he takes Ivy walking laps around our house holding her hands. Ivy's first word was also Dad. So my question is... Why do Dads have all the fun and get all the love and us Mom's do all the work and have to chase the kids down to get a hug??
Actually, Russ does A LOT around here and I can't complain one bit but, now that he has been successful at getting Ivy to walk, he will be at work while I am here chasing her around and trying to keep her out of trouble. What a trade off.... Pretty good one I guess when you think about it. I always feel sorry for the Dads because at least here at my house he always misses the good stuff. The funny stories, funny phrases, my one day of good parenting and on and on.. So really I am happy right where I am at! I at least don't miss the good stuff....

3 comments:

Jaime said...

YAY! Way to go Ivy! I wish I could hug her...

Abby said...

Wow, Jessica - I know you already know this but I'm just going to state the obvious - Ivy is absolutely gorgeous! She could be the next magazine cover baby! (hey, scholarship money, okay?!)

Phillip and Lisa Hill said...

I covet...