Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Happy Valentines!

Here is the Valentines box that Kanyon and I made for his Valentines party. I know it looks like a craft project gone wrong.. Thats because it did! But we like it anyway. It is a hundred or so conversation hearts hot glued to an oatmeal container. My fingers still hurt. Kanyon wasn't so fond of the burning fingers but he did a great job.
I don't know about all of you but my Valentines is going to consist of: Three different school party's (where I am bringing something to each of them of course) Grocery Shopping (because Russ is giving a lecture at work on Friday and is in charge of feeding them breakfast) Making a nice meal for all five of my special Valentines then making muffins etc to feed Russ's work for Friday morning. Wew... I remember the days when I would get roses and taken out to a nice dinner... Should still be a good day! Here's to a Happy Valentines everyone!!

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Wow, that looks like a TON of work, what a nice Mom...and it sounds like a busy crazy day tomorrow, have fun and good luck!

sarah louise said...

I just discovered glue dots. They have basically replaced all of my hot-glue needs, and they don't burn my fingers! They are more expensive, but I think worth it.

I remember the romance days too! Have a good Valentine's Day!

Tisha said...

That is awsome! Happy Valentines Day!

Abby said...

Amen, SISTER! Making holidays fun for the family is a lot of work, eh?! What people see is just the finished product - nobody sees that horrific trip to the grocery store in order to make it all happen. OY...

But I've never, and I mean never, seen an oatmeal container look that nice - and yummy! AMAZING!!! Hey, you guys need to be given some royalty money from the conversation heart company because you probably used enough to feed a small nation! (and my scarred fingertips feel your pain...my peppermint chain wounds still remind me to leave the glue gun alone.)

Tamra said...

You have very blessed children. I hope you are all feeling better.

Carroll Farm said...

HI JESS! I talked to Rachel today and she said that you had a blog- so I had to find it. Go me! Anyway, we are great. How are you?!? We went through a month of the 'sickies' here too and I firmly believe in the Clorox anywhere spray. Come check out our blog and say hi. :)
Lacy