Saturday, February 2, 2008

My Dad.....

These are some pictures of my Dad. Today is his birthday and thought I would share some pictures of him. He was killed in a coal mining accident when I was 13yrs old. And although he is not here to celebrate with us, this is my way of keeping his memory alive. He was a wonderful Father and always liked to have fun. He used to make us (even me) do 50 push ups and 50 sit ups every morning before school. If we had time we would have to run around the block too while we waited for the bus. That was after our 20min drum practice. Him and my Mom were in a band called "The Easy Street Band" and they practiced in our basement . We traveled all around going to their "gig's". My Dad was the drummer and my Mom the lead singer. He was definitely full of life and fun! He even snuck me out of the house when I was 4 to get my ears pierced when my Mom said no. The stories go on and on! I truly do not know how I have survived these last 18yrs without him, but I do know that the lessons he taught me about hard work and family will stay with me forever! Happy Birthday Dad!

8 comments:

Babbel Family said...

WOW. He was very handsome. I am sure he make him very proud!

Always Amy said...

I have never seen pics of your dad. He is really a handsome guy! Kanyon looks like him a bit. Happy birthday to him today. If I see a raven, I will wish him a happy birthday out loud...love ya.

Walters' Place said...

Jess-
Gosh that seems so strange that 18 years has gone by. Your parents are such a gorgeous couple. I know my dad has so many fond memories of your dad. My dad loved him very much.
Well Happy Birthday to him. All of your siblings look a bit like your dad. Your kids too.

Jessica said...

Jess that is so tender! What a cute thing to do and awesome memories. How cool was that both parents in a band, no wonder you are such a good singer.

Tisha said...

Happy Birthday Paul. You have such a wonderful family.

Abby said...

Really neat, Jessica - you obviously come from amazing parents!

sarah louise said...

Jake looks like your dad!

My dad died too in a mine accident when I was a baby. Like you, I really miss him!

Tamra said...

Thanks for sharing. It is a good reminder of how life should be appreciated and not taken for granted!