Sunday, February 10, 2008

SICK of it!


Yes we are SICK of being SICK! Today is the third Sunday in a row that I have missed church. Although thank goodness I am not the one that is ill this time. After thinking I was going to die last Sunday with my own sickness, I find myself a week later still alive but wishing I was somewhere else other then stuck in a germ infested house all day with "Mom, I need water! Mom, my eyes hurt! Mom, please take my temperature again. Mom, I think I am going to throw up! Mom, my head feels hot! Mom, my throat really hurts! Mom, Can I call my friend to talk Pokemon? Mom, I'm sick!" YA THINK??? I haven't even started on Ivy and her dripping eardrum.... I know I am not the one who should be complaining. This was me last week and my sweet husband took all four kids to collect fast offerings for 2 hrs, while I stayed home in bed and wallowed in my pitiful sickness. But going on three weeks of fevers, chills, cough's I have had it!
I went and bought some Lysol and am planning a Monday Madness disinfecting sweep of our house. Watch out germs here I come. The sheets, clothes, toys, kids etc are all getting disinfected! As I was tending to one of my sick children the other (Ivy) decided to take every tissue out of the tissue box. I guess she got tired of waiting for me to wipe her nose. Well, I hear the call of- Mom I need to torture you more with a recap of my sickness. Hopefully, this wont last much longer.

7 comments:

kelie said...

Oh, I feel your pain. Hang in there! The worst part for me about the kids being sick is that I can't go to the gym! Hopefully Ivy will be feeling better and I'll see you in step class. :)

Always Amy said...

Sorry! We had that right before christmas. It is no fun. Okay-so how about that hour long conversation? Travis was waiting the whole time to talk to Russ. On our way home from church today, Cole asked if he could call Kanyon tonight to ask him another question about pokemon...By the way, the secret to the rocket derby is getting the rubber bands soaked in oil so that they can twist tighter and not break-the tighter they are twisted, the faster they go. Also, put all the rubber bands on the rocket at the same time (I think there are 3) and before the derby, twist and untwist them so they are ready. Okay, one other thing. I was just called as the primary chorister. I absolutley love it!

Babbel Family said...

I understand. One of my kids has decided to throw up the last couple of Saturday nights and as luck would have it my husband is on call the next day. Last night was Laura throwing up! It is getting old!!

Tisha said...

Amen to that! We've got the cough until you throw up going on here! I hope EVERYONE starts feeling better soon.

Angela said...

I am so sorry you've been so sick...I think it is going around everywhere and after today I'm afraid that there still might be some coming around:( Anyway please tell your friend Amy thanks for all the good tips for the space derby!!!haha:)

Walters' Place said...

Oh Jess-there is nothing worse. Oh wait there is. A husband that is sick. I don't know about four kids because I only have two but, I think Chad is worse than the kids when he is sick. He moans and groans all night and makes it a living HELL to live with him while he is sick. Last week I finally called the Dr. and made the appointment for him. He had bronchitis, ear infection and sinus infection.
It'a not fun when the kids get sick though and it seems like the end of Jan beginning of Feb are the worst. At least that is our experience. I will count my blessings though and knock on wood. The kids and I are healthy.
Here's to a quick recovery. love ya

Leah said...

So is this what I have to look forward to when I have 4 kids? Sign me up, sounds like a party...not! Since becoming a mother I have wondered how parents with multipule children handle the winter sickness time, I shall wonder no more, you have given me my answer. Hang in there girl, your blessings in heaven are multiplying!