Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Garden Time

Yes! those are closet doors. We thought we could save some money on wood and went to the local Habitat for Humanity and found some really lovely closet doors to make our garden with. I also like the decorative look. And yes we left the door knobs on them on purpose. I think it gives them character. They will be much cooler once we stain our fence and the garden boxes all the same color. That will be our project next month.














The kids and their friend's helped us load 60 bags of top soil (Russ loaded 55 of them) Not to mention the 4 huge bags of manure.





And Walla you have a beautiful garden box! BUT WAIT.... That is not all. That's right, we built two. For $5.00 a set of closet doors we couldn't resist.
I am dreaming of fresh salsa already!!

7 comments:

Abby said...

NO WAY!!! After all I went through with my horrific experience of building a box alone - you guys make this look entirely too easy. And with closet doors! Ingenious!

christy said...

Way to go on the garden. Ivy's pigtails are darling!

sarah louise said...

Very smart!

Carroll Farm said...

I can barely keep the grass alive- let alone anything tasty. I am going to blame it on the AZ heat and rabbits. The doors are a great idea..

Babbel Family said...

Oh my word, what a great idea! I want a garden so bad!!!

Darla said...

Love the garden boxes Jessica! Who would of thought...? Hey, can you send me your in-laws address please? Thank you!!

Jaime said...

You are a woman after my own heart! I am so thrifty I'm sure I would have followed suit had I had the urge to get a garden growing this year! Great thinking!

PS - thanks for the binky tips!