Monday, April 14, 2008

Warped World

Conversation of Eli and I at lunch today

Eli: Mom, when Jason prays he says "kill, kill" (in a low scary voice)

Me: I don't think Jason prays. (thinking he is talking about the Jason from the "Friday The Thirteenth" movies that he hasn't seen but that his cousin tells him about)

Me again: Eli, Jason isn't real.. he isn't a real person.

Eli: PHEW!......... But,... he's on American Idol. (Jason Castro, the guy with the dreads.. My favorite, so I talk about him a lot I guess.. I don't care what anyone says he is my pick!)

Eli again: Jason's a bully, and bullies can pummell people!

What warped world do my kids live in? Jason from Friday the Thirteenth on American Idol is quite a thought. Not only that but, to think that Jason would be PRAYING kill, kill... All you can do is pray he isn't spreading these rumors at school.

4 comments:

Babbel Family said...

lol- it makes you wonder what they think but don't say!

Tisha said...

I am laughing so hard! Look on the bright side... at least Eli thinks about prayer.

Adam Forgie said...

I found you! Even though I heard that story last night, I still laughed. I picked Jason from the beginning - I think he looks like a hippie version of John Travolta!

Walters' Place said...

HEY JESS-
I AM SO WORRIED ABOUT YOU. YOU ARE IN OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS. WE HOPE THIS WILL BE THE LAST TIME YOU HAVE TO ENDURE THE SURGERY. I LOVE THE THOUGHT PROCESS THAT KIDS THINK. SOMETIMES I WONDER IF I EVER PUZZLED MY MOM.
MY PICK IS BROOKE-EVEN THOUGH JASON HAS THE DREAMIEST EYES.
I LOVE YOU.STEF