Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Here I am, again...

Well, it is over and I will tell you that it was not as bad as the first time. I really got on the Doc though to "make me a little more comfortable". They only used 4 catheters this time instead of 5 and, they didn't do an ablation like they did the last time (which is where they burn the tissue in the heart) I was in there for two hours and they couldn't get the bad rhythm to come back. They monitored me for the next 24 hrs and found the bad rhythms, he called it "inappropriate sinus tachycardia" Which really means that the heart just jumps around whenever it wants too.. beats early, skips beats etc.. They are doing more testing to see why that is happening but it is more annoying then dangerous. So anyway, He still thinks he fixed the first problem with the first ablation and thank goodness doesn't think I will have to do it again! Yippee!!! I am really sore where they threaded the catheters in my neck and groin, but other then that I am feeling pretty good. I shared a room again with an old lady and boy did she like to talk.. She made the time go by quickly though. We even had a "code blue" two doors down from us.. They ran the crash cart down and everything.. I have never seen so many people in scrubs running as fast as they can through the halls.. The little old man came through and we were all relieved.
So, Ivy woke up with a fever and croup sounding cough... of course she did, just because I am not suposed to lift anything over 8lbs.. yeah right.. And all she wants to do is be held. I am so ready for good health and warm weather!
Thanks again for all the wonderful people around me who took my kids etc!!! You all rock and roll!

2 comments:

Phillip and Lisa Hill said...

I wish you would have let me take them Tuesday. You are too stubborn for your own good. I had the same thing when my back was out and I had had shoulder surgery. They told me not to lift anything. Jacob was 7 months old. I feel for you.

Jill Freestone said...

I'm sorry you had to go through the drama again! I sure hope its over. Hang in there - "laying low" is no fun, and not easy - being a mother.