Sunday, April 27, 2008

Yard Sales and Pig Tails

Eli's face really says it all!! FREEZING! What was I thinking having a yard sale in 35 degree weather? My fingers are still thawing and I wore gloves the whole time. The weather said the high was supposed to be 65 but I guess I didn't read the fine print where it said that the high was going to be at 5:00pm. All in all the yard sale was a success. Now everyone who came and brought stuff to sale.. Come get your junk out of my garage . ;) I actually can't believe how many people out there just LOVE to give kids money. I had the kids selling brownies and rice crispy treats and we were sold out by 9:00am. So Eli resorted to selling orange soda. He would ask EVERY person who came up "would you like a soda?" People were just giving the kids money and not even taking anything. I am totally doing this every time. I figure since I made the treats and the kids sold them we split the money half and half. Man, put a freezing kid outside and you could get rich.

These are just a couple pic's of Ivy this morning. I can finally put her hair in real pig tails. I can't believe how long it is getting. So fun. These pictures were before she had chocolate all down her face and fell down the stairs carrying her cup full of chocolate chips.

It was cute while it lasted.

4 comments:

kelie said...

LOVED the pig tails. That is my favorite point in a child's life...when they finally have long enough hair to wear pig tails. And think, these are your first pig tails ever as a mom...cherished memories! ;) Thanks again for freezing your booty off. :)

Jessica said...

I couldn't quit looking at her in church she looked so cute! She is a doll, I am glad you had success at the sale - and great idea about selling treat :)

Mindi said...

Jessica, your Ivy is so cute! Little girls are a delight. I know what you mean about the "Sunday best" look only last a few moments. I can think of only a handful of times that my girls made it to church looking as nice as they did when we left the house. Great idea with the yard sale. I'll have to try that sometime.

Carroll Farm said...

Cute piggies- Jasmine was doing that shortly after she was born - the kid has a lot of hair. I love that dress & am so excited to see you IN PERSON- it has been a while! :)