Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Reality Check

So, as I am on my hands and knees this morning mopping up the floor under Ivy's highchair with Eli playing the piano in the background and saying Mom you sing the "hey" at the end of the song. So, He is playing (I say "playing" very loosely) "Jingle bells batman smells, robin layed an egg... "you get the picture.. So I have to sing the whole song in my head because when he hits the last note I have to come in right at the right time to finish off the "and Joker went to ballet, hey" Because I guess Joker going to ballet is much funnier then "and Joker got away, hey" So, Eli thought this was a great game. He is just playing not singing so, there I am on my hands and knees scrubbing the floor and trying to sing Jingle Bells (but the boy version) and realized, WHAT HAVE I TURNED INTO?? I am like a monkey in the lives of these children. I was totally singing the song in my head to come in right at the right time.. Eli kept making me do it over and over again because for some reason (maybe because he can't really play the song and is just hitting any key he wants too) I wasn't coming in at the right time. I sat there on my hands and knees continuing scrubbing the oatmeal Ivy had just thrown on to the floor and thought to myself. I'm no chimp, I am doing this because these kids have the best darn Mom in the World! I am sticking to that!

5 comments:

Babbel Family said...

The things we do for these kids I tell you! I can totally picture you doing it though and it is funny!

Darla said...

Wow...it's good to have that perspective. (: I wish I did more of the time. You're so cute. We REALLY need to come visit!

Phillip and Lisa Hill said...

Awesome. Yes, there are many things we do with our kids that we would NEVER do in front of others.

Carroll Farm said...

don't you love the closed doors that we do crazy things behind..

Phillip and Lisa Hill said...

Ok, Ivy is a doll. Not only did she keep me warm in primary, but she smelled so good. I'm totally fine with adopting her if you guys are good with it.