Friday, June 6, 2008

Eli turns 5


Eli's birthday was yesterday June 5. He has been counting down the days for months now and we are happy it is finally here. All day Eli kept saying "but I'm the birthday boy so I can do whatever I want". We opened presents early in the morning before Russ had to go to work. Then we were going to have cake later that evening. Eli requested a Prince Caspian cake and I was still dreading making it because I wasn't sure how to go about it. I made the cake after breakfast, I should say after Eli's requested breakfast of pancakes, strawberries with sugar, fried turkey in syrup and cereal. (He didn't actually eat that much but that was the request.) So because I had just made pancakes and was using the same bowl I had used for the pancakes (and I was on the phone) I poured the cake mix and my last three eggs in the bowl then without thinking took the milk out and started making pancake batter.... I realized and thought ahhhh, what am I going to do. Then I thought well I probably only put about 1/4 cup of milk in and it called for 1 1/4 cup of water so I dumped in 1cup of water.... What was I thinking! Of course I had put in more then 1/4 cup of milk, I was on the phone remember I wasn't paying attention I always just "eye" my pancakes. Anyway I had really thin cake batter at this point but I was out of eggs and he is only 5 so I baked it anyway. It took over an hour but it didn't turn out that bad. It was just a really moist cake. Thankfully Eli smelled the cake and decided he wanted to eat it right then without any frosting on it... So I didn't have to make a Prince Caspian cake after all and the kids ate the cake.. Job well done... Well,..... job done.



Eli got a Spider Man slip and slide.






















T-Ball set




















And new PJ's
















Here is Eli on the slip and slide.


Eli chose to go to Olive Garden for dinner and then we went to the Twilight Festival here in town. They had Fire Dancers and the kids loved it.




We should have been watching the fire dancers but couldn't help but watch this little side show. Got a quarter?



































I think Eli had a great 5th birthday! We love Eli and his fun sense of humor! Happy Birthday Eli!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

HapPy BirTHday ElI!! It was funny when i was talking to him on the phone he was a little distracted but he was telling me everything he got... I heard him say Spiderman but I thought thats the kind of PJ's he had gotten. Slip-n-slides have to be one of the greatest inventions EVER!! fill the little pool up w/ Jello and the boys will smell delightful for at least an hour hahaha... but warning w/ the jello it stains... clothes, skin, hair... LOL

B. B. said...

Too bad you didn't get to decorate the cake. I would have loved to have seen what you came up with!

Jaime said...

you crack me up... HA! get it? i bet that picture made you miss Mike. Wish Eli a Happy Birthday for us - I can't believe he's FIVE!

Berrett's said...

Eli is seriously the cutest kid! It just brings a smile to my face lookin at the pics of him! Glad he had a good birthday!!

Jessica said...

What a cute b-day boy, I love his new jammies!