Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Family Night Fishing


We had such a fun Family Night on Monday taking the kids fishing. To be honest I was dreading it and thought I was going to get out of it when Eli was complaining of a stomach ache when he got home from Summer School.. Kanyon was determined so we ran and got our bait and thought we would just make a quick trip of it.
















That's right, our bait was chicken nuggets and french fry's. We found out a few years ago that if you want little kids to catch "junk fish" then let them load their hooks with junk food. The best part is, is that they can load their hooks themselves. And I don't have to smell or look at a worm.















































Eli was content to throw rocks



















Ivy went straight for the water every time! she would get stuck in between the rocks thank goodness. This girl has NO fear. She wanted to touch every fish we caught.
































Problem with the bait is sometimes it gets stolen...




















And eaten....














Finally, we had to leave because Eli was SO sick and threw up all over our fishing area. Poor guy.
Think we will try it again next week!

6 comments:

B. B. said...

I love the french fry idea! The bait is the big reason I've never liked fishing. Definitely going to give that a try. Ivy is so cute!

Angela said...

That is the best idea ever and so cute of Ivy to steal it:) Poor Eli though:( Hope he is feeling better.

Anonymous said...

Aw poor Eli... hope he feels better soon!! The other boys look like they are having a blast! I love the pict of Russ and Ivy its so cute! miss you all cant wait to see you in like 14 more days!!

Matt Raby said...

Hello! This is Matt and Brooke (think CEU). We just happened upon your blog and thought we would say hi.

You have such a beautiful family. We are very happy to see that you are all doing well.

What a trip!

Phillip and Lisa Hill said...

Hey, Phillip took the boys fishing too for our activity part of FHE. I didn't go take pics though because I had a stomach ache. Eli and I should have stayed together.

Jessica said...

I like your bait better than any other bait I have ever seen - nice idea! I can't believe Eli puked, poor kido!